Revival’s Sober Living Homes
As a sober living home, our transitional housing is for those who have recently received treatment for alcohol or substance abuse at an addiction treatment center and need an environment where professionals, who’ve been affected by addiction before, can teach them new skills and tactics to help prevent relapse when returning to their daily lives.
As of 2022, the rate of drug & alcohol relapse is above 80%. Relapse is not only extremely common, but the vast majority of people in recovery will experience relapse not just once, but multiple times.
Attending an addiction treatment center is a great path to take for ending substance use, however, it is not always the only step one needs to take. A person’s living situation is often a large influence on them when it comes to being tempted with substance abuse. It can be difficult to adapt when being thrown back into your old life immediately after treatment. This is where transitional living comes into play.
What is Transitional Living?
Transitional living refers to any type of living situation where one is entering a new phase of their life. The primary purpose and mission of a transitional living environment is temporary, serving to support those who need help adjusting to new situations. Transitional living facilities often offer low cost housing, provide professional support, education, and a stable living environment.
Common types of transitional living include transitioning from jail or prison, an addiction treatment center or a mental health facility. They may also be available for homelessness, especially among youth. Transitional living is provided by many well known private and non profit organizations, by government, churches and other charitable organizations.
Revival’s purpose in the recover process is to provide a comforting living space where you can apply tactics you learned through addiction treatment while living on your own. We know addiction, and we understand a smooth and guided transition is needed to stay clean & sober for the rest of your life.
Step 1: Phone Interview
If you feel as though sober living is right for you, contact us today via phone or contact form. We will then schedule a phone interview. During this phone interview, tell us about yourself, your background, and where you are on your road to recovery. This will help us get to know you better for creating a road map for your recovery process and stay at Revival’s sober living homes.
Step 2: In-Person Assessment of Needs & Drug Screening
At the end of our phone interview, we will then schedule an in-person meeting. The purpose of this meeting is to determine your needs for your stay at Revival and set recovery goals for yourself. You will also have to undergo a drug screening at this time.
Step 3: Individualized Care Plan
No two stories of addiction are the same and it is very important each person is put under a care plan that will work for them. We will use the information from your phone interview and in-person assessment to construct a plan catered specifically towards your needs for recovery.
Step 4: Progress Check
After your individualized care plan is complete, you will then be admitted into Revival’s sober living homes. Occasionally, during your stay, we will sit down with you and have progress checks to see where you are mentally, your progress on your individualized care plan, and if there is anything else we can do to make you feel safe and at home.
Step 5: Discharge Plan
Nearing the end of your stay time, we will create a discharge plan based on the progress you made during your time at Revival. The discharge plan is made to ensure your transition from Revival back your home will be the most effective in helping you stay sober and free from drug and alcohol abuse moving forward.
House Expectations for Residents
- All New admits are expected to attend and complete continuing care. Enrollment and attendance is mandatory and to be verified by admissions staff.
- Residents are expected to keep the house clean and orderly. GI is to be completed each Sunday.
- House chores assigned weekly to be completed and kept up with throughout the week.
- Rooms are to be clean and orderly at all times, beds are to be made each morning.
- Shared spaces/common areas: Leave an area how it was found. Residents must be clean, courteous, and respectful of the home and space they share.
- Residents will not possess any drugs, alcohol, or mood-altering substances. Revival is a no tolerance program. Drug and or alcohol use of any kind will result in immediate discharge however we understand relapse may be a part of many people’s process and can provide re admission to a higher level of care at Client request (detoxification, rehabilitation, etc).
- All clients are expected to obtain a Sponsor/ Spiritual Advisor immediately.
- All Clients are expected to attend meetings daily. Community meetings are Monday nights at 6:30pm.
- Revival is based on building a foundation of personal accountability. Being so, employment is a mandatory element of our program and all clients are expected to have work within two weeks of admission or participation in community service will be arranged. In early stages of recovery, we understand transportation is vital and are willing to help arrange transport to and from work, interviews, 12 step meetings and IOP. Talk to staff about your needs and they will be accommodated on a case to case basis.
- Schedule is as follows: Unemployed clients will be expected to be on Job search from 10AM until 3PM Monday through Friday until employment is established. No exceptions. All clients except those verified to work 3rd shift are expected in by 11pm Monday through Friday and 1 AM on weekends. Door will be locked at these times. Unexcused overnight will result in immediate discharge.
- Live-in Resident Manager On-Site
- Pleasant Family & Home-Like Atmosphere
- Support Network
- Cable TV & Wireless Internet
- Computer & Printer
- Washer & Dryer in House
- All Residences Fully Furnished
- Volunteer Activities
- On- & Off-site Group Activities
- Nutrition Planning & Cooking Classes Upon Request