What is Transitional Living?
Transitional living refers to any type of living situation where one is entering a new phase of their life. The primary purpose and mission of a transitional living environment is temporary, serving to support those who need help adjusting to new situations. Transitional living facilities often offer low cost housing, provide professional support, education, and a stable living environment.
Common types of transitional living include transitioning from jail or prison, an addiction treatment center or a mental health facility. They may also target homelessness, especially among youth. Transitional living is provided by many well known private and non profit organizations, by government, churches and other charitable organizations.
What does Revival Offer?
Revival is a sober living home. Our transitional housing is for those who have recently received treatment for alcohol or substance abuse and need an environment where professionals can teach them new skills and tactics to help prevent relapse.
Relapse is a lot more common than you may think. In fact, a majority of people who have received addiction treatment will relapse not only once, but multiple times.
Why is this? Addiction treatment centers are a great help for ending substance use. However, living situations are often a large influence on drug use to begin with. It can be difficult to adapt when being thrown back into your old life immediately after treatment.
Revival’s purpose in the recover process is to provide a comforting living space where you can apply tactics you learned through addiction treatment while living on your own. We know addiction, and we understand a smooth and guided transition is needed to stay clean & sober for the rest of your life.
Let’s take the first step towards getting you or your loved one the transitional living experience they deserve. Call us today or fill out the contact form at the bottom of the page and we’ll be happy to reach out to you
We will begin by scheduling a phone interview to get to know you, understand your needs and answer any questions you may have. After you are approved to proceed, the next step is an in-person assessment and a drug screening. This process helps ensure we know how we can best be of service to you and your recovery process.
The assessment also allows us to work together to set goals for your time here and develop an individualized care plan for you. While recovering people face many of the same challenges, each has a unique set of circumstances. Getting to know you better helps ensure you get the plan that will best meet your needs.
As you progress in the program, we’ll check in with you along the way. We will use this time to help determine if you are reaching the goals we set together and what else we can do to support your success in recovery. When you’re done with your stay, we’ll provide you with a personalized discharge plan to help you stay clean and sober and stay connected to resources that will help.
House Expectations for Residents
- All New admits are expected to attend and complete continuing care. Enrollment and attendance is mandatory and to be verified by admissions staff.
- Residents are expected to keep the house clean and orderly. GI is to be completed each Sunday.
- House chores assigned weekly to be completed and kept up with throughout the week.
- Rooms are to be clean and orderly at all times, beds are to be made each morning.
- Shared spaces/common areas: Leave an area how it was found. Residents must be clean, courteous, and respectful of the home and space they share.
- Residents will not possess any drugs, alcohol, or mood-altering substances. Revival is a no tolerance program. Drug and or alcohol use of any kind will result in immediate discharge however we understand relapse may be a part of many people’s process and can provide re admission to a higher level of care at Client request (detoxification, rehabilitation, etc).
- All clients are expected to obtain a Sponsor/ Spiritual Advisor immediately.
- All Clients are expected to attend meetings daily. Community meetings are Monday nights at 6:30pm.
- Revival is based on building a foundation of personal accountability. Being so, employment is a mandatory element of our program and all clients are expected to have work within two weeks of admission or participation in community service will be arranged. In early stages of recovery, we understand transportation is vital and are willing to help arrange transport to and from work, interviews, 12 step meetings and IOP. Talk to staff about your needs and they will be accommodated on a case to case basis.
- Schedule is as follows: Unemployed clients will be expected to be on Job search from 10AM until 3PM Monday through Friday until employment is established. No exceptions. All clients except those verified to work 3rd shift are expected in by 11pm Monday through Friday and 1 AM on weekends. Door will be locked at these times. Unexcused overnight will result in immediate discharge.
- Live-in Resident Manager On-Site
- Pleasant Home-Like Atmosphere
- Cable TV & Wi-Fi
- Computer, Printer & Wireless Internet
- Washer & Dryer in House
- All Residences Fully Furnished
- Volunteer Activities
- On- & Off-site Group Activities
- Nutrition Planning & Cooking Classes Upon Request